MCDONALDS CORNERS & ELPHIN RECREATION & ARTS
A non profit organization promoting community connectivity and involvement
by providing access to various arts, crafts, activities and events
at the McDonalds Corners Schoolhouse Community Centre.
We Always Have A Lot Going On At MERA!
Weekly Pottery, Weaving, Quilting, Fibre Arts and Visual Arts groups, Art Exhibits, Music Concerts, Community Family Parties, ‘Round The World on a Dinner Plate Suppers, the Book Club, the Annual MERA Christmas Fair, the Farmers Market and numerous Workshops, Classes and other events.
News & Events
On the afternoon of Friday, Jan. 31, 2020, Heather Vriends and fellow parents, together with a gaggle of irrepressible...
The launches of Winter Community Café and the Artful Auni exhibition are going ahead as planned this weekend. The...
A new Community Café, Movie Dinners, a new Art Exhibition and a host of workshops are all set to...
MERA's Mandate is:
To encourage, develop and organize arts, cultural and recreational activities for people of all ages in order to enhance the well-being, health and connectivity of the community.
We're committed to...
- Facilitating and promoting activities and entertainment programs for adults and children which help bring this rural community together.
- Providing a facility to learn and practice skills such as weaving, pottery, textile arts, visual arts and physical fitness.
- Promoting greater access, awareness and understanding of the arts, crafts, music, and health.
MERA is a not for profit corporation incorporated by Letters Patent in the Province of Ontario and is a registered charity.
- MERA is governed by a board of volunteer directors elected from amongst its members.
- The schoolhouse building and property is owned and maintained as a community centre by the Corporation of the Township of Lanark Highlands and is leased to MERA.