MCDONALDS CORNERS & ELPHIN RECREATION & ARTS
A non profit organization promoting community connectivity and involvement
by providing access to various arts, crafts, activities and events
at the McDonalds Corners Schoolhouse Community Centre.
We Always Have A Lot Going On At MERA!
Weekly Pottery, Weaving, Quilting, Fibre Arts and Visual Arts groups, Art Exhibits, Music Concerts, Community Family Parties, ‘Round The World on a Dinner Plate Suppers, the Book Club, the Annual MERA Christmas Fair, the Steady Way Community Café, the Farmers Market and numerous Workshops, Classes and other events.
News & Events
The 16th Annual MERA Christmas Fair is November 24th from 10 am to 4 pm at the MERA Schoolhouse...
The MERA SUPPORTER PROGRAM Did you know that membership dues and program and event fees only cover 70% of...
Mark Valenti Performs at MERA Schoolhouse The MERA Blue Jeans Classical music series is excited to announce a concert...
MERA's Mandate is:
To encourage, develop and organize arts, cultural and recreational activities for people of all ages in order to enhance the well-being, health and connectivity of the community.
We're committed to...
- Facilitating and promoting activities and entertainment programs for adults and children which help bring this rural community together.
- Providing a facility to learn and practice skills such as weaving, pottery, textile arts, visual arts and physical fitness.
- Promoting greater access, awareness and understanding of the arts, crafts, music, and health.
MERA is a not for profit corporation incorporated by Letters Patent in the Province of Ontario and is a registered charity.
- MERA is governed by a board of volunteer directors elected from amongst its members.
- The schoolhouse building and property is owned and maintained as a community centre by the Corporation of the Township of Lanark Highlands and is leased to MERA.