MCDONALDS CORNERS & ELPHIN RECREATION & ARTS
A non profit organization promoting community connectivity and involvement
by providing access to various arts, crafts, activities and events
at the McDonalds Corners Schoolhouse Community Centre.
We Always Have A Lot Going On At MERA!
Weekly Pottery, Weaving, Quilting, Fibre Arts and Visual Arts groups, Art Exhibits, Music Concerts, Community Family Parties, ‘Round The World on a Dinner Plate Suppers, the Book Club, the Annual MERA Christmas Fair, the Steady Way Community Café, the Farmers Market and numerous Workshops, Classes and other events.
News & Events
Check out this fall’s updated programs & schedules: Click on the links below to sample just some of...
The Glass on Glass Collective started up spring of 2018. Participants must have prior glass cutting experience. This is...
Don’t forget, Tuesday August 14 starting at 5:00 pm come and play some traditional parlour games and challenge the...
MERA's Mandate is:
To encourage, develop and organize arts, cultural and recreational activities for people of all ages in order to enhance the well-being, health and connectivity of the community.
We're committed to...
- Facilitating and promoting activities and entertainment programs for adults and children which help bring this rural community together.
- Providing a facility to learn and practice skills such as weaving, pottery, textile arts, visual arts and physical fitness.
- Promoting greater access, awareness and understanding of the arts, crafts, music, and health.
MERA is a not for profit corporation incorporated by Letters Patent in the Province of Ontario and is a registered charity.
- MERA is governed by a board of volunteer directors elected from amongst its members.
- The schoolhouse building and property is owned and maintained as a community centre by the Corporation of the Township of Lanark Highlands and is leased to MERA.