The MERA Book Club meets regularly every month September through to June at the MERA schoolhouse.
Meetings are held the 4th Tuesday of each month from 7pm to 9pm. We are a friendly, respectful, no rules book club. Each month one person will facilitate a discussion about the book chosen for that month. Discussions are always informative and lively. New members are welcome. If you see a book that peaks your interest and would like to join us for an evening’s discussion we also welcome drop-ins. You can join us by contacting Jean Dunning at 613-259-2636 or email here.
READS FOR 2018-2019:
- Medicine Walk & Iron Horse (2 books) by Richard Wagamese, September 25
- The Light between Oceans by M.L. Stedman, October 23
- The Gentleman from Moscow by Amor Towles, November 27
- The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood, December 11*
- The Nine Lives of Charlotte Taylor by Sally Armstrong, January 22
- The Ministry of Happiness by Arandhati Roy, February 26
- The Unlikely Redemption of Alexander MacNeil by Lesley Choyce, March 26
- Full Disclosure by Beverley McLachlin, April 23
- Plainsong by Kent Haruf, May 28
- Choosing books for the next year, June 25
- *exception Dec meeting will be held on the 4th Monday, Also note there are five Tuesdays in January and April.