We Always Have A Lot Going On At MERA!
Weekly Pottery, Weaving, Quilting, Fibre Arts and Visual Arts groups, Art Exhibits, Music Concerts, Community Family Parties, ‘Round The World on a Dinner Plate Suppers, the Book Club, the Annual MERA Christmas Fair, the Farmers Market and numerous Workshops, Classes and other events.
News & Events
Get up to date with the latest MERA newsletters HERE.
Brighten up your early spring on Thursday evenings by listening and watching an exciting series of talks presented by MERA. They...
Call for Nominations to MERA’s Board of Directors Dear members and friends of MERA. The Annual General Meeting is scheduled March...
Laurie Lynn Clark is offering a 5-week online (Zoom) program to provide opportunities for adults who are bereaved to connect, to...
MERA's Mandate is:
To encourage, develop and organize arts, cultural and recreational activities for people of all ages in order to enhance the well-being, health and connectivity of the community.
We're committed to...
- Facilitating and promoting activities and entertainment programs for adults and children which help bring this rural community together.
- Providing a facility to learn and practice skills such as weaving, pottery, textile arts, visual arts and physical fitness.
- Promoting greater access, awareness and understanding of the arts, crafts, music, and health.
MERA is a not for profit corporation incorporated by Letters Patent in the Province of Ontario and is a registered charity.
- MERA is governed by a board of volunteer directors elected from amongst its members.
- The schoolhouse building and property is owned and maintained as a community centre by the Corporation of the Township of Lanark Highlands and is leased to MERA.