MCDONALDS CORNERS & ELPHIN RECREATION & ARTS
A non profit organization promoting community connectivity and involvement
by providing access to various arts, crafts, activities and events
at the McDonalds Corners Schoolhouse Community Centre.
We Always Have A Lot Going On At MERA!
Weekly Pottery, Weaving, Quilting, Fibre Arts and Visual Arts groups, Art Exhibits, Music Concerts, Community Family Parties, ‘Round The World on a Dinner Plate Suppers, the Book Club, the Annual MERA Christmas Fair, the Farmers Market and numerous Workshops, Classes and other events.
News & Events
Have you ever wished you could paint your own masterpiece? Now you can with step-by-step instructions from preparing the...
The MERA calendar really fills up again in September. Here are some highlights: Tuesday September 3rd: Gentle Yoga. Tuesday...
Music at MERA’s Sunday Schoolhouse Series is very much alive and well. Check out this fall’s lineup! JW-Jones Band...
MERA's Mandate is:
To encourage, develop and organize arts, cultural and recreational activities for people of all ages in order to enhance the well-being, health and connectivity of the community.
We're committed to...
- Facilitating and promoting activities and entertainment programs for adults and children which help bring this rural community together.
- Providing a facility to learn and practice skills such as weaving, pottery, textile arts, visual arts and physical fitness.
- Promoting greater access, awareness and understanding of the arts, crafts, music, and health.
MERA is a not for profit corporation incorporated by Letters Patent in the Province of Ontario and is a registered charity.
- MERA is governed by a board of volunteer directors elected from amongst its members.
- The schoolhouse building and property is owned and maintained as a community centre by the Corporation of the Township of Lanark Highlands and is leased to MERA.