2023 MERA Membership Appeal

It is that time of year again, when we must ask all of you who value MERA’s place in the community to sign up for your 2023 MERA membership.

MERA (McDonald’s Corners/Elphin Recreation & Arts) is largely a self supported non-profit community centre, Only 5% of its annual budget is supplied by a municipal grant. Programming & event fees, donations and membership dues make up the remaining 95%. Of these, membership dues are the most important portion of MERA’s income and without an adequate membership base MERA cannot thrive. The benefit to you and your community is so much more than the cost of being a member. It enables community access to a wide variety of arts and crafts groups, workshops, events and community gatherings including:

  • Pottery Studio
  • Weaving Studio
  • Quilting Group
  • Popular & Classical Music Concerts
  • Arts Circle Group
  • Various Instructional Workshops
  • Recorder Music Instruction & Rehearsals
  • Children’s Summer Art Camps and Summer Drama Camp
  • Monthly Art Exhibitions
  • Fibre Arts
  • Book Club
  • Community Dinners
  • Seasonal & Topical Community Festivals & Events
  • Private Event Rentals

With your membership you are a part of the team at MERA committed to building a better community for all of us.

MERA is a community centre open to everyone. Membership is only mandatory for those who wish to:

  • belong to an organized group that uses the facilities on a regular basis
  • join the board of directors
  • vote at the annual general meeting

All members are eligible for discounts on summer camps and certain workshops, and are automatically kept up-to-date with the twice monthly MERA e-newsletter. However many become members simply because they understand how MERA contributes to an interesting and joyful community, and that regular support from the larger community is essential if MERA is to continue in this role.

Over the past 2 years, COVID-19 restrictions and inflation have stressed the budgets of many individuates and organizations, MERA included. Regardless, our membership fees remain unchanged.

Single Membership Renewal or New: $50.00
Family Membership Renewal: $75.00
New Family Membership: $50.00

Payments can be made by e-transfer or cheque.

e-Transfer Details
Recipient name: MERA
Recipient e-mail address: meraschoolhouse@gmail.com
MERA uses “Auto-deposit” – No security question or answer required
Please supply information regarding purpose of the e-transfer, and the member’s names and contact information in the e-transfer “message box”.

Cheques can be mailed to: MERA, 974 Dalhousie Concession 9A, McDonald’s Corners, ON, K0G 1M0

If you are a new member, welcome! Please sign up by filling in the application form at http://meraschoolhouse.org/become-a-mera-member/ .

Donations:
For those of you who are able, we hope you will consider a cash donation to MERA. To keep these programs and events as accessible as possible, fees have been kept modest by design. Your continuing generous support is essential to bridge the gap between program income and operating expenses. We hope that you will consider making an annual tax deductible donation and join our family of supporters. Tax Receipts will be issued for donations of $25 or more. Thank you.