MERA Art Exhibitions in Dean Hall
The largest room at MERA is the original one room school, now named Dean Hall in honour of Ankaret Dean, one of MERA’s founding members and still an active volunteer.
Today, with its high ceilings, wainscoted walls and good lighting, the hall lends itself well as an art exhibition space. MERA has happily promoted it as such for several years, featuring local artists in shows that change monthly.
Artists will often open their shows with a vernissage, which is an excellent opportunity to view the works, meet the artist, and have the best chance to purchase that “must have” piece. MERA is a busy place and you can drop in other times as well when the building is open and the hall is not otherwise occupied. Some of these times are:
- During the cooler months – Saturdays 10:00 to 2:00 when the Steady Way Café is open (Until April 21st)
- During the warmer months – Saturdays 9:00 am to 1:00 pm during the Farmers Market
- Wednesdays 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm while the Potters & Quilters are in the building
- Thursdays 10:00 am to 3:00 pm – while the Fibre arts & Weaving groups are in the building (Except June, July & August)
- Fridays 9:00 am to 12 noon (the first & third Friday of each month) – while the Arts Circle is in progress.
This group uses the hall so please check first that your visit will not interfere with the Art Circler activity.
- If you attend any of the music concerts or ‘Round the World on a Dinner Plate suppers.
- For other times contact the artist and arrange to visit by appointment
Are you an artist (of any medium) who would like to display your work to the public in a beautiful old venue that is popular with the local community and visitors alike?
Then consider contacting Wayne Stryde via email or at 613-259-5433 to schedule a show.
For more information, please see the MERA Art Exhibitors’ Information Sheet.